The Attlee Foundation is launching its 2011 Attlee Award with a focus on leadership qualities of young people.
In the spirit of Clement Attlee’s work, this award will recognise the achievements of a young person with outstanding potential as a youth worker and community leader. London Youth will be supporting the scheme by promoting the award to all London youth clubs, identifying nominees and putting forward a number of potential winners to the Attlee Foundation to select the young person to receive the award. The winner will then be presented with the Attlee Award - on the 25th March 2011 at an event at the Old Bailey with the Sherriff of London.
Nominees for the award must be:
• Aged 16-25 and living in London
• Regularly volunteering or working in a community-based youth club or project
• Nominated by a supporting adult from London Youth or our network
The winner will:
• Show significant potential as a future community leader
• Be committed to working with their local youth club or project
• Inspire and lead other young people to achieve their potential
• Demonstrate commitment to their own learning and development as a youth worker
The Attlee Award is being sponsored by Falcon Chambers, courtesy of our ex- Chairman of the Attlee Foundation – Derek Wood QC.
To nominate young leaders please fill up the Attlee Nomination Award Form and send us.
Deadline date for all nomination forms is
Friday 15th April 2011.
Return by post: Nikky Alagbe, London Youth, 47-49 Pitfield Street, London, N1 6DA Return by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return by Fax: 020 7549 8801